1. Complete your community profile
Once logged in, go to your profile page and click on EDIT PROFILE. There you can fill in your information which will also help former shipmates that you served with find you.
Your BASE information was recorded when you first subscribed but from this page you can add additional information under the following tabs:
• SERVICE INFO – Here you can select those years you were assigned to the Long Beach and then scrolling down you can list your ship’s division, rate/rank and finally select which deployments / events you were aboard for. From a desktop computer be sure to hold down the control key while making multiple choices. If you see any event that is missing, please let us know.
• LOCATION – City / region where you currently live
• CONTACT – Your social media profile pages
2. Upload a Profile Photo
Choose a current photo of yourself, one from your days on active duty aboard ship or simply an avatar image if you are too shy. You can upload a photo from your computer, laptop or phone. The system also gives you the option to take a new photo with your smartphone/tablet or a camera attached to your computer.
Once uploaded, the system will suggest a square image cropping which you may adjust to best show the image that will be you here in our community. Once you are satisfied with the image cropping, click on CROP IMAGE and your profile photo will be saved.
3. Upload a Cover Photo
A cover photo is a wider image that will display across the top background of your profile page and should be of high definition for best results. The system software suggests an image size of 1950px by 450px or larger. Lower definition images will work but may appear a tad grainy on larger desktop computer displays.
Once you have uploaded your cover image for your profile, you may click back on your profile page and then click on the 4-way arrow icon on the left side of your cover image to reposition the image.
4. Upload Additional Media to your Profile
From your main profile page you may choose the PHOTOS or VIDEOS tabs to upload additional media of your choosing that you would like to share with your shipmates. The images/video may be of the ship, crew, cruises or something more current relating to you / your life today.
5. Post an introduction post
In the NEW MEMBERS forum, you can post an introduction of yourself to our members, including photos, details about your time spent aboard ship, duties assigned, memories, close friends, memorable moments, cruises, etc.